Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all
of you! I hope that your Christmas was filled with miracles, love, and
family. As missionaries at Christmas time, we see miracles, we feel love
for all those we teach, and we are able to skype our families.
Christmas is truly a special time for everyone. I will never forget my
second and last Christmas in the mission field.
I would like
to write about just one of the miracles that we saw this week. One of
our recent converts, Tatay Manuel, was just baptized this month. He
actually has a very great story with a miracle attached. Tatay Manuel
actually does not live here in our area, he lives about ten or so hours
away by bus. That is where his wife and children are. Just as any other
family, his family is not perfect; they had a falling out long ago, and
Tatay Manuel decided that it would be better to move out for a while
because he felt like a burden to his family. He thought that they would
be much better without him, and he left to go live with his brother, who
is a less active church member in our area. Tatay Manuel gave up
smoking and other drugs so that one day he could go back and live with
his family. We have been working with Tatay Manuel for a few months, and
each time we taught him, his excitement for the gospel increased. He
knew that he could find healing and solace in the Gospel. He was
baptized just a few weeks ago. This week, his children contacted him for
the first time in a long time. They knew that he was baptized into the
church and have forgiven him. He was able to talk to them and was
invited back to spend New Year's with them, so he hasn't been around for
a few days. It truly is a miracle to see families healing, and the
gospel changing people for the better.
I have also felt lots
of love here, and support from the ward. We've had so many dinner
appointments and things. I don't think I've ever eaten so much in my
life! I really love the members here.
And skype...It was so
special to skype you. I miss all of you and love all of you. It is so
neat to hear all of your stories and hear your voices. It is so crazy to
think that this will be my last Christmas in the mission field. I have
definitely enjoyed it. I hope that you all enjoyed your Christmas too.
And by the way, I'm transferring again. My Ilagan Adventure is coming to a close, but certainly good things are on the way.
Love,
Sister Lewis :)
No comments:
Post a Comment