Called to Serve

Called to Serve
Cauayan, Philippines Mission

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Early Christmas!

Friends and Family, 

Maligayang Pasko sa inyong lahat! Hmm... I'm a little early. I guess it's not quite Christmas, but this week we have really been getting in the Christmas spirit! But before I catch you all up on my week, I'd better make an announcement.
I think the Lord needs magagandang at magagaling na missionaries like myself longer here in the mission field. President Rahlf has announced that the MTC Presidency in Manila is changing  a few of their policies, including keeping Filipino missionaries for an extra week (three, not two) starting in March. Because of this change, all missionaries who will be returning home in March or afterwards will be extended one extra week in the field. I'm being extended! I will be returning on May 11th instead of May 4th.
This week has been very Christmas-ey. We have commenced in a Mission-wide celebration of Christmas with our Christmas Devotional this week. The Christmas Devotional is so much fun and I am privileged to be able to attend twice. We spent the day learning of Christ and spending the day with all of our friends and companions.
We also celebrated Christmas by viewing the First Presidency Christmas Devotional. We heard from Whitney L. Clayton, Linda K. Burton, David A. Bednar, and Dieter F. Uchtdorf speak of the hope and love and peace that comes when we take time to reflect upon the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ. 
Sister Labis had her birthday this week and we were also able to celebrate there. Everyone gave us food in celebration and our zone leaders hooked us up with a dinner appointment for her birthday. We celebrated it in a very...cultural way! It was a lot of fun and we each got our own souvenir. We had a lot of laughs and a lot of fun. Nothing can beat the week we had! 
We also had a baptism this week. Last Saturday, Tatay Manuel was baptized! I'm so proud of him and the changes that he has made in his life to bring it in harmony with the gospel. His sister, who is actually a temple worker, came all the way from Manila to see her younger brother be baptized. It was such a spirit-filled occasion, especially when Tay Manuel testified to us that he knows that the church is true. 
#Tantaw pa more!
Love,
Sister Lewis
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment