There are seven sisters in my district. (a district
here is all the elders and sisters who arrived to the MTC on the same
day and are going to the Philippines.) There is My companion, Sister
Mcbride, and I, and we share a room with Sister Black and Teratabu. In
the room next to us is Sisters Marshall, Peterson, and Talaroc-Kineho.
All of us have received our temple endowment except for Sister Teratabu.
She is from some islands near Figi, and doesn't speak much English, so
she is very quiet and keeps to herself. Last Saturday was P-day, and we
had the opportunity to go and visit the temple, and got to be there for
Sister Teratabu when she received her own endowment. It was a really
neat experience because we were all there to support her, including the
elders of our district: Elders, Brown, Henessey, Tanner, and Dahley. We
all got so much closer after going through the temple together. Sister
Teratabu was so happy and just glowed the whole time. It was a really
spiritual experience and we are so much closer now. We will get to go to
the temple later today as well together. We are all endowed now, but it
will still be fun!
Something else that was cool was that I
made history. I brought some Oreo cookies here with me and I was eating
them and I offered Sister Teratabu some. SHE HAD NEVER EATEN AN OREO
BEFORE!! Crazy, right?? So she asked what it was and I said, "The most
amazing thing you will ever eat!" and she ate it and loved it, and I
made history by giving her her first Oreo cookie! It was pretty cool.
We
had the opportunity to teach an investigator, who was really a Tagalog
teacher pretending to be an investigator. It made me and my companion
grow so much closer as we learned to rely on each other. Oh and did I
mention that the lesson had to be completely in Tagalog?? It was very
difficult, we taught her five times in the past week and this coming
week, we are teaching two investigators, who are really teachers! It
will be quite the challenge, but I am getting better at it. I can
already testify and pray in Tagalog, and I can teach most of a twenty
minute lesson in Tagalog. Progress! I am learning so much here and
experiencing so much! It is great!
Love,
Sister Lewis
No comments:
Post a Comment