Hello po! I would like to update you on my crazy
week. I mentioned last week that I was on the list of missionaries who
would transfer for this upcoming cycle. It was certainly surprising. I
thought that I would stay at least one or two more cycles in Ilagan. We
were getting prepared for Sister Labis to be transferring, but I suppose
she will be the one with a few more cycles in Ilagan.
So that brings up a great story about where my area is and who my companion is. I'll give you a hint-THROW BACK!
Our van was running late as we headed to Cauayan on Wednesday
morning. There they had already read the list and everyone knew where
their next area would be-everyone except us. We arrived at the chapel
and half-sprinted inside the door to find out where we would be
assigned. As I walked in, the AP's (assistants to the mission president)
told me that I would be so surprised to see where I would be going. I
continued walking anxiously into the chapel, a little afraid of what the
APs said. Certain people passed me and asked Tuguegarao, right? I
thought maybe I would be transferring to my first area in Pena Blanca
again. I found our zone leaders who had retrieved the list. They read
off my name: Sister Lewis you will be transferring to Tuguegarao South
Zone. Your new companion is Sister McBride. SISTER MCBRIDE AND I ARE
COMPANIONS AGAIN!
I was so shocked. I thought that they were
just joking or something, but it is real. President Rahlf told me that
he wasn't sure where to put me, but this just seemed right. He was given
inspiration through the Holy Ghost to put me here in Tuguegarao. I'm
still surprised though. We have the rarest companionship in the
Philippines Cauayan Mission. We are the only companionship with both
American sisters in all of our Mission. Not only is that rare, but we
were already companions before in the MTC! Truly our companionship is
the most unique, and rare of it's kind in the entire mission! I'm so
grateful that the Lord trusts us to be two Americans in the Philippines.
I was so happy when I heard the good news.
Not only was I
surprised to see who my new area is, I was also surprised to know that I
would be returning to my home zone in Tuguegarao. It is so strange
because I already know the area because I was here last year. It is so
great to be here in Tuguegarao and I was also privileged to spend New
Year's Eve in Pena Blanca, which is my first area.
For New
Year's Eve we have a lock down in our apartment because the fireworks
here are very dangerous and not at all regulated. On this day, President
Rahlf gives us special permission to watch a movie in our apartment.
This year, President Rahlf gave us permission to watch "Inside Out," the
new Disney movie. We were able to watch it because it actually
illustrates a Gospel Principle found in 2 Nephi 2. My challenge for you
is, if you are planning to watch it, or if you have watched it, try to
find that Gospel message!
So that was my extremely, crazy,
surprising, awesome, fun, rare, and beautiful week in a nutshell. I love
you all, have a good week!
Love,
Sister Lewis



No comments:
Post a Comment