Called to Serve

Called to Serve
Cauayan, Philippines Mission

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Thanksgiving Recap!

Hello Friends and Family!
I hope that you all had a wonderful, magnificent, and Pie-filled Thanksgiving! I hope that it was wonderful and I hope that you all ate another plate for me! What a great holiday to eat with the family and be grateful for each other. On the other side of the world, I had a great thanksgiving too. We started off our day with a service project building a Bahay Kubo (which means "bamboo house") It is a small hut made of bamboo and built in seats that the friends and family can sit in and relax and have some fun together. It was a lot of fun building it, and we got to help our investigators, the Pestanio family, to build it. It took us four hours and we were able to get the foundation, floor, and roof done. It was a lot of fun. 
Later on in the day, Sister Labis cooked a Thanksgiving feast. We couldn't find a turkey, so she made fried chicken and spaghetti. It was very delicious. They don't celebrate Thanksgiving here, but my companion and housemates decided that they wanted to celebrate with me.
We learned a lot about Gratitude at our MLC this week. President Rahlf spoke about the ten lepers, how only one of all that were healed, returned to thank the Lord. It was a lot of fun at MLC, because we are starting to discuss the visions and goals that we have for next year. It is really a cool thing to be a part of the council and to suggest my own ideas of how we can improve the mission. The Cauayan Mission is headed in a really great direction and I'm grateful to be a part of it. For lunch at MLC, we got as close to a thanksgiving meal as the senior couples could find: Oven Roasted Ham, Corn, Mashed Potatoes and Gravy, and Fruit Salad. It was the most delicous almost-thanksgiving meal I've ever had. President Rahlf said that he couldn't find any pie, so we had root beer floats for dessert. I'm so thankful for another great holiday spent here in the Philippines!
Love,
Sister Lewis
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment