Called to Serve

Called to Serve
Cauayan, Philippines Mission

Sunday, December 28, 2014

Christmas and New Years

I'm glad that you all had a great Christmas! We have three new investigators this week! I am so excited to teach them! It is looking to be a great start to the new year. Speaking of new years, we will be on lockdown all night because I guess it gets real crazy here with all the fireworks and things. I'm excited to find out how crazy. Crazy enough for us to be on lock down! I'm so excited for the coming year and am pondering different goals and things to set. Our mission president told us to write about where we want to be one year from now. It is really great motivation.
Also, On christmas we were invited to eat at a member's house. They fried fish; head, tail, bones and all. I don't really like fish but I didn't want to offend. I know that the Lord answers prayers, because it actually tasted quite good. We also taught a family home evening lesson this week. It was so much fun. The kids here just love missionaries and they love the cheesy jokes that we tell them and love playing games with us! This place is so amazing!
  These people are so neat. It is really cool because even though they don't have a lot, they insist on buying us food. Usually a soda and biscuits or crackers. it is so humbling. Speaking of soda: They have coke, a knock off of sprite, a knock off of orange fanta and Mountain dew. The mountain dew is the same brand but up here it tastes more like pineapple soda. I don't know why though... but it is good! They also have NUTELLA! Nutella + me = Happy missionary! Haha I love it here!



1 comment:

  1. Nice to see you doing well. Happy New Year 2015* Belated Christmas! Loved the message and the pictures. :D

    ReplyDelete