I'm doing great! We leave this thursday for the Philippines and we got our flight plans this week! We are leaving at 3:30
in the morning and we are flying for 21 hours. We are stopping in
Portland, OR and in Tokyo Japan for a layover and then straight on to
the philippines. I'm excited. I don't know if the Typhoon will delay our
flight plans, but I really hope not, cause then we might be stuck here
till christmas! I want to get into the Philippines as soon as possible
so we can help out and do service. It looks like the Typhoon will hit on
the east side of the island and will probably affect the entire
country. Please keep the people of the Philippines in your prayers. I'm not sure if the Typhoon has hit yet or how that will affect our
travel, but I am definitely praying for the Filipinos as well. I've
heard a lot of stories about how humble and kind the people are over
there and it will be an honor to help them in any way I can.
I also have another
story from choir. Yesterday all of the hundred or so branch presidents
here and their wives were invited to a banquet Christmas dinner to thank
them for all of their hard work. It was put on by the MTC president,
president Nally and his wife. All through the night they ate and had a
choir of about eight people that caroled throughout the dinner. At the
end of the dinner, they were told that they had another surprize waiting
for them. It was us, the entire MTC choir of about 500 missionaries
were waiting outside the door. The pianist started playing Silent Night
and we flooded in and serenaded them. It was so special. The branch
presidents, including Brother and Sister Howard, who are our branch
presidency, were all crying uncontrollably because of our surprize. It
was so cool! The spirit was really strong. It was the least we could do
for all of our branch presidents who do so much for us. Many of the
wives came up and hugged us and thanked us. it was way special.
No comments:
Post a Comment