Called to Serve

Called to Serve
Cauayan, Philippines Mission

Thursday, January 14, 2016

Sister Lewis and Sister McBride; The DreamTeam!

What a week! Hello there friends and family! I hope that all is well. I hope that you all had wonderful holidays and are happy and healthy. Just a brief update on my week:
This is the first week of the reunited dream team: Sister McBride and I. We had a very interesting and busy and wonderful first week together. On Wednesday, we attended MLC in Cauayan. It was really great. We set in stone the new standards of excellence, or what we deem as our vision for where we can see for the entire mission. Our mission has grown so much in just the past few months. The missionaries before us set a pretty high direction for us, and we have continued to up the momentum. The Philippines Cauayan Mission is now one of the leading missions in the region. We continue to progress and do better, always stretching ourselves to achieve more. We were able to write new goals for the new year, even though most of us leaders will only be in the mission just a few more months. We have set the direction, and who knows where this will take us. 
After MLC, the all of the Sister Training Leaders were asked to stay the night in the mission home. There we were able to discuss additional concerns of the sisters and how we can help them. It was so much fun. We somehow fit ten different mattresses in one room and had a slumber party with some of our closest friends in the mission and fellow STLs. I was also able to see Sister Labis! It was so much fun.
On Friday we were able to have our Interviews with President Rahlf. There, he counseled us to set high goals for ourselves for this new year. 
It's been such a great week, and I just love my new area. Everyone is so wonderful here. I also love my companion! Mission life is the best :)
Love,
Sister Lewis
#thedreamteam :) #SisterMcBrideandSisterLewis

No comments:

Post a Comment