Called to Serve

Called to Serve
Cauayan, Philippines Mission

Thursday, July 2, 2015

Zumba Tayo!

Hello Friends, 
Just checking in to say that I am still alive! Today marks eight months here in the mission! I drink lots of water, take my vitamins, and I'm doing great. 
An update on Sister Rahlf: Sister Rahlf does not have cancer. They removed the growth and she is, amazingly, almost completely healed up. She will be returning to the Philippines either today or tomorrow. 
This week has been really great. At the beginning of the week, Sister Esgerra got really sick. She had to get a check up but she is recovered now. The other sisters in our apartment, Sister Baldomaro and Sister Sutherby got sick this week too. I don't know how I got to be the lucky one, but I am the only one who has stayed healthy this week. I think the storm has passed though because all three sisters are now healthy as a kalibaw in a rice field! Besides everyone being sick, we still all worked very hard. Three of our investigators with a baptismal date were able to make it to church! They had a hard time finding a ride and they live really far away. They are still on track for baptism! We also have a less active member returning. This week, Nanay DeGuzman will be returned to the church. This is the same Nanay whose husband passed away last month. Nanay told us that she had a desire, not only to return to the church, but also to be sealed in the temple with her family. It is so amazing that we can be sealed to those we love for time and all eternity, even if those family members have passed on. 
Sister Sutherby and I decided to take up Zumba for our excersize in the morning. It's pretty great. We bought a Zumba Dance Party dvd. It's kind of hilarious. Just saying. Mostly because neither of us dance. 
On Saturday we had all the elders do a service project at our apartment. We cooked merienda while they took care of our yard. It looks so nice now, and not quite so creepy.
We have also received quite a bit of new investigators from our contacting efforts. Speaking of contacting, we have been contacting so much this week, that last night I dreamed that I was contacting. It is the first time that I have dreamed that I was speaking in Tagalog. When I woke up this morning, my companion, Sister Esguerra, told me that she woke up last night and I was sleep talking in Tagalog. I must be fluent now! Anyways, that was pretty funny! 
Thank you for all of your support and love!
Love,
Sister Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment