Sister Lewis here! My week was so wonderful! Nothing much happened on Monday or Tuesday, but on Wednesday,
I met my Anak. That is what we call our Trainees here in the mission.
It means child in Tagalog. I am now a Nanay in the mission, or mom, that
is what we call our trainers. It is wonderful. It was hard to see my
companion, Sister Esguerra be transferred. She is a great missionary and
we had a lot of fun this cycle. But I am also so excited to train! My
anak's name is Sister Velasco. She is wonderful. We met our anaks in
Cauayan at the mission home. Sister McBride's anak and my anak were
companions in the MTC! So that is really cool!
Our first day
was a blast. We started contacting on the Jeepney as soon as we left
Cauayan. I will be honest, I was really nervous because I was trying to
be a good example to Sister Velasco and show her how to contact, and I
couldn't rely on her to help me because she is new. My nervousness
stopped as soon as I opened my mouth. We got eight contacts just on the
way home. What was also cool was that they were all interested in our
message. One of our contacts invited us to talk about our church at a
seminar at his university. It was so cool! I don't know if I will be
able to because the university isn't in our area, but what a neat
opportunity for the missionaries who are in that proselyting area! It
was a really neat experience. Later on Wednesday, we attended the mission farewell of Arjay, a soon-to-be-Elder. He entered the MTC on Thursday. It was really fun to give him our last advice, and Sister Velasco was able to meet a lot of the branch members. Thursday
was our district meting and we learned about how we can apply
Christ-Like Attributes into our lives. We also got a few lessons in.
We got a few visitors on Friday.
President and Sister Rahlf stopped by because they were on their way to
the Burgos missionaries. They shared a spiritual thought and then left
us with a prayer. We also got a visit from Elder and Sister Shorter, our
senior couple missionaries who are in charge of housing. It was great
to see them. They shared a spiritual thought and then Elder Shorter
tried to install a new water filter system. Unfortunately, the water
pipe under our kitchen sink broke while he was trying to install it. It
would have been a quick fix, but the pipe was in the wall. Elder Shorter
had to turn off our water for the day, until we could get it fixed. It
took all day. The other sisters went out to work, but Sister Velasco and
I stayed in to aide in the epic quest to have clean water again. It was
crazy, but they got it fixed. We also found that there were hundreds of
ipis, or cockroach, eggs under our cabinets. We got those cleaned out,
so hopefully we won't see so many cockroaches in our apartment.
Saturday and Sunday we taught a bunch of lessons and we had a lot of fun. On Sunday,
Sister Sutherby and I started up an English class at the church. It is a
lot of fun, but teaching is a lot harder than one might think. We do a
lot of demonstrations and activities, which is fun. It has been a fun
service project and we are seeing more people show up.
Anyways, I am excited for the upcoming week! I love you all!
Love,
Sister Lewis
No comments:
Post a Comment