Called to Serve

Called to Serve
Cauayan, Philippines Mission

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Farrewell to Sister Villanueva

Family and Friends,
How I love the opportunity to share with you my experiences every week! This week was very busy for Sister Villanueva and I.
This week, Sister Villanueva traveled to Cauayan for the career workshop. I was left to work in San Gabriel. I worked with Sister Heve (who I met on Facebook before I came out on the mission!) and Sister Canlapan. Our day was really fun. It was neat to work in a new area and do splits with the sobrang maganda San Gabriel Sisters.
I helped them teach a few of their investigators. It is so crazy how you feel so close to these people, and try to do everything you can to help them even when you just met them. 
On Thursday we traveled to our farthest area, Cabbo, to teach a family home evening lesson with all of our ward missionaries. We taught about Lehi's dream, and played some games. On our way back from Cabbo, we all piled into Brother Edmund's Tri C. There was so many of us in his Tri C that it couldn't make it up all of the hills. We had to jump out and run up the hills. It was so fun, all of the ward missionaries racing up the hills. One of them pulled out his music player and played, "Press Forward Saints." I thought that it was a very appropriate song for the occasion.
Saturday was a day that we have been looking forward too for a long time; the baptism of Brother Dennis. We could feel the spirit so strong as he took his first step in becoming a member of the church. Afterwords he bore his testimony of the Church and he was so happy that he couldn't hide the tears in his eyes. It was a really neat experience. 
Shortly after the baptism, our bishop held a farewell party for Sister Villanueva. We played games, and sang hymns, and each gave a message to Sister V. Bishop even bought giant trays of Pancit for everyone to share. It was a lot of fun.
Sister V leaves tomorrow, and I will have a new companion on Wednesday. I'm excited to get a new companion, but I will miss Sister V! Good things are coming though!

No comments:

Post a Comment