Called to Serve

Called to Serve
Cauayan, Philippines Mission

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Week 5

This week has been pretty great! I'm learning so much out here. This week has been busy. On Monday we had Family Home Evening with the Ballad family. I sent a picture of them. They are quite the family! Tuesday was filled with teaching appointments, but Wednesday we got the day off from teaching. Wednesday was our new missionaries' meeting. Sister V and I woke up early and boarded the bus to make the 3 hour trip to Cauayan to the mission home. 
It was absolutely the greatest day. We had more of an actual orientation now that we've kind of gotten things figured out, and got to see all the missionaries in our "batch." I was really excited to see Sister McBride again. She is so happy and absolutely loves her area and companion. She is so excited about the work! It was so great to see her again. The meeting took up the majority of the day and the travel took up the rest. 
On Thursday we didn't do much teaching either, as we had interviews with President Rahlf and Sister Rahlf. It was great. Sister Rahlf asked us what our favorite hero of the scriptures is. Mine was Enoch (found in Moses in the Pearl of Great Price) and Moroni (the last book in the Book of Mormon). She then asked us, "could you imagine yourself equal to that hero?" That is hard to imagine. It is hard to believe that we have as much faith as them, or as much righteousness. But she told us that one day we will be like them. Throughout our missions we are training to be like them. It was really cool. 
On Saturday we had a cool experience too. Our stake held an activity called, "The Mini MTC," Where all the missionaries of our zone were paired with one or two of the youth of the stake, and we went proselyting. It was a cool experience to give the young men and women the chance to become missionaries for the day. It was really cool, but very hard. I was supposed to be teaching the youth, but being new myself, I feel like they were teaching me! That's okay though, I'm getting there. It was fun.
 Due to the Mini MTC activity, the baptism of John Jamil is going to be this Saturday, so I will write about it next week!
One thing that is really cool is that I am going to do the Personal Progress program again. Why? For Sister Villanueva! Sister V is a convert to the church. She was born and raised Catholic, when she didn't feel like it was the right church for her. She then started attending the Born Again church. It was after that that the missionaries knocked on the door. She joined the LDS church when she was 17 years old. I asked her about young womens and she said that she didn't really get the chance to go through the Personal Progress program because she only had a few months left before moving on to the Relief Society. I made it my goal to help her earn her Personal Progress Medallion before she goes home. I even told her that I would eat a whole Balut if she did get it. I am so excited to help her with it. Sister Paniergo, our roommate decided to join in on the project! I'm so excited to serve my fellow sisters!
 
Love,
Sister Lewis
 
 P.S.




Will you let everyone know that if they want to send a package, to do it through the us postal service, not Fed Ex or UPS. If it is sent through those companies, I will have to pay for it and all the international fees will take up all my support money for groceries and travel!

No comments:

Post a Comment