I have been under the weather. This week has
been pretty slow and miserable because on last Monday, Sister V got sick
and then on Tuesday she had an Asthma attack. Nothing too severe, but
we took those days off. Everything was back to normal on Wednesday and we taught a lot of lessons. On Thursday
I caught a pretty nasty cold and stayed home to relax and drink Milo
(the Filipino equivalent of hot chocolate). Luckily the sisters took
care of me! I felt a little better on Friday and Saturday, and we went out to teach.
Our
teaching numbers and key indicators have been really low because we
have been sick, but we did get a chance to prepare John, our progressing
investigator for baptism. He had his interview on Sunday and he will be baptized next week on either Friday or Saturday. I am so excited for my first baptism! John is so humble and obedient!
We
found out just how obedient this week! Last week, we gave him the
lesson on the Word of Wisdom. This week we were teaching the Law of
Tithing and Fasting. Before teaching him, we followed up our last lesson
by asking him if he'd been living the Word of Wisdom. He said that he
had and explained how he was abstaining from EnerGen and Milo. (Orange
drink mix and hot chocolate). I guess we were too vague when we taught
the lesson, because neither drink is against the Word of Wisdom. It was
pretty funny! John Jamel is really a neat kid. He is fifteen and even though he
isn't baptized yet he is participating in seminary and doing all he can
to be prepared for baptism. I will let you know how it goes! I'm excited
for him!
Love,
Sister Lewis

No comments:
Post a Comment