Called to Serve

Called to Serve
Cauayan, Philippines Mission

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Week of May 24th

This week in Pena Blanca has been one of many lessons, music and mangoes. This week sister Valdez and I worked really hard and taught 46 lessons! Definitely a record for us here in Pena. The fruits of our efforts have also been paying off. We had five less active church members returned as of this Sunday. I love working with the Less Active members and helping them to return to the fold. Many of them have passed though so many trials and hardships that have led them astray. I'm so glad to be a part of their lives and help them to grow. We also had 74 contacts, record din siya! I love contacting and the opportunity to meet new people. It is also a chance to practice my Tagalog! I'm practically fluent!
We were also invited to join Pena Blanca's first ever, WARD CHOIR! Only for stake conference though! It is great because Philippines are known for singing loudly and very off key. It was clear that we needed A LOT of practice! We are singing hymn number # 72, "Praise to the Lord, the Almighty" I had never heard it before, but quickly figured out the melody. The funny thing was that only Sister Jheng, the pianist, and I knew it, so we both had to help teach it. It was great fun. Before being in the MTC Choir I never would have figured it out. 
But that is not my Biggest accomplishment. This week I learned how to peel a mango in one slice! That is probably the proudest moment of my life. I even took a picture to commemorate the occasion. I would like to thank the academy and also our investigator, sister Julie, for showing me how to do it. Summer is in full swing here, and the mangoes in the trees are like the stars in the heavens: too many to count. If we get hungry during proselyting, we can just reach up for the mangoes. The mangoes here are the most delicious thing I have ever tasted. There are sour ones and sweet ones, and every stage in between. It is wonderful. There are also cocoa beans, bananas, pineapple, star apples (my absolute favorite), coconuts, guava, and avocados that grow everywhere!


No comments:

Post a Comment