Called to Serve

Called to Serve
Cauayan, Philippines Mission

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Final Week in Pena Blanca!

Hello friends and family! Sister Lewis here! But not for long I might add. This morning we had our water fight zone activity and waited, not-so-patiently for the transfer list. As it turns out, this is my last week in Pena Blanca. I will be transferring to a new area on Wednesday.
So here is a recap of my activities this week. Last week we had 46 lessons and 74 contacts. We did so well, that President Rahlf called us personally to congratulate and thank us for our hard work. It felt really nice to know that our work is being recognized. This week we didn't get as high on our goals, but we are still continuing to improve. 
This week we had a lot of Family Home Evening lessons. On Monday, I taught a family home evening lesson to the Tuliao family (our neighbors) on the importance of service. It was a great lesson, and the Tuliao family are so much fun. Tuesday we taught a few lessons and then had a dinner appointment/FHE with chef...I mean Bishop Tumaliaun. He is a really good cook, and it was a lot of fun. Sister Valdez taught about the importance of families in the Latter Days. Wednesday was one of our ward missionary's birthday and we had a FHE/birthday celebration with all the ward missionaries. The lesson was about the Atonement. Later on we feasted on Pancit (noodles), rice, and Ipis (cockroach). That's right ipis. This time of year there are a lot of them and the Filipinos here catch them and fry them in oil with various spices.They are very crunchy. After being peer pressured into it, I ate one. It was big too, like the size of a quarter maybe. They tried to get sister Valdez to eat one, but she didn't want too. I have conquered the Ipis! And I will never eat one again! That is probably the weirdest thing I've eaten here so far... 
Thursday and Friday we practiced in choir for our big stake conference number, and on Sunday we sounded great. It was a lot of fun. We sang in front of the entire stake of maybe 500 people. Stake conference was really "off the hook." Sister Rahlf, President Rahlf, Elder Collado (an area seventy) and more spoke to us on topics ranging from missionary work to tithing. It was really great and we all enjoyed it. We learned so much on how we can improve as a ward and stake. 
So there is the update for the week. I'm healthy and happy, and I'm going to transfer this week. I'm going to be healthy there and happy there too. Anyways, I love you all! 
Love,
Sister Lewis
 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment