Sister Villanueva and I did another Mini MTC stake activity on Saturday
with the youth of our stake and then traveled to Cauayan to meet Sister
Lamac and Sister McBride. We stayed the night and went to church in the
morning and then Sister Lamac and Sister V left to Banaue. Sister
McBride and I have been teaching, which is kind of difficult because we
are both still struggling to learn Tagalog, but we have definately seen
improvement from our MTC days! It is so nice to catch up with her!
Other than that, things have been pretty normal.
Our
Investigator, Jake has gone four weeks without breaking the word of
wisdom, so by church standards he is ready for baptism. We have a new
investigator named Dennis, who we are excited to teach, but we don't
know who will stay and teach him because of the transfer. I hope we can
teach him though because he is prepared for the gospel. We are looking
forward to returning two Less Active church members as well. The field
is white already to harvest!
Speaking of harvest, the rice and corn are being harvested and summer is just beginning.
I
don't usually have allergies, but for some reason, I've had really bad
allergies here. AND IT IS SO HOT HERE! Tugagaro is the hottest area in
Cauayan and we have to run our fans like 24/7, and drink LOTS of water.
It is so great to be a part of the work!
Love,
Sister Lewis!
PS Sister Paniergo is out of the hospital. She had gastritis and high
acidity in her stomach. Believe it or not, we also found out that she
has Astigmatism. She was released from the hospital last Monday and was
in the hospital for two days. She is doing much better and is starting
to work again!
No comments:
Post a Comment