Called to Serve

Called to Serve
Cauayan, Philippines Mission

Monday, March 21, 2016

The Joys of Eternal Life, and Riding Kalabaws

Hello Everyone!
Happy Monday! I thought I would start my email with a story. Way back in the MTC, Sister McBride and I had this crazy idea: to ride a Kalabaw. We had heard that there are water buffaloes here in the Philippines, and our goal was to race each other to see who could get a picture riding on the top of a water buffalo first. Neither of us found the opportunity throughout our mission, but now, as we are companions, we decided to do it together. I guess you could say that it is a tie. This morning, history was made (not really) as we accomplished something that we had set out to do for our entire mission. What a great feeling to have crossed this off our mission bucket list and to continue to make happy memories here in the mission. As missionaries we work hard, day by day, and we still can find time to have crazy adventures and do some crazy things. Continue to find joy in the journey. The adventures continue, and so does the work of the Lord. 
With Love,
Sister Lewis :)
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment