Called to Serve

Called to Serve
Cauayan, Philippines Mission

Monday, February 8, 2016

I Love Tuguegarao!

Friends and Family,
Happy First Week of February! As a missionary, time goes by so quickly that we take a second glance at the calendar and ask "What ever happened to January." Trust me, I have been doing that same thing since December of 2014 (was it really that long ago??!?) when I entered into the mission field. 
I would like to write a brief update on our happenings this week. First up: the transfer list. Neither Sister McBride nor I will transfer in the next cycle. We are still companions! That is great news for us. The dream team is together and we will have another seven weeks to teach repentance and baptize converts!
This week has been jam-packed with personal revelation and fun. On Tuesday, we met in San Gabriel for our District Meeting that was taught by David A. Bednar, Dalin H. Oaks, Bonnie L. Oscarson, Whitney L. Clayton, and more. We watched the world-wide special missionary training broadcast. They haven't aired anything like this for over ten years. The Missionary Department of the Church organized this special broadcast that was viewed by over 75,000 missionaries all across the globe. The theme of this broadcast is "Teach Repentance and Baptize Converts."
We also attended Missionary Leadership Council. I love MLC. It is so amazing. We learn so much as a council and have the amazing privilege of teaching the things we learn to all the missionaries in our zone. We learned in MLC that February 14th is an important day. For all of you it is the day of hearts for your respective valentines. As missionaries, our valentine (or the person who we will show our love to is the Lord. What better way to show our love for the Lord than by treasuring up His word. President Rahlf and Sister Rahlf announced that starting on Feb. 14th we will start a 60 day, mission-wide power read of the Book of Mormon.
On Friday, we had our companion exchanges with the San Gabriel Sisters. My companion for the day was Sister Ngakuru. Sister Ngakuru is such a trooper, because just four days before the splits, she had fallen and had a bad ankle sprain. We worked as much as she could, and then returned home to study. It was such a great day.
We had a great day today too. We had our Zone Activity at Callao Caves. Callao Caves and Sierra Caves are actually in my first area, Pena Blanca; but even though they are so close, I never had the opportunity to go. Today we went as a zone to explore the caves. It was so much fun. We started the trek wearing clean clothes, but in the end we were covered in mud. We sunk deep in the mud up to our knees! It was so great!
So that is my week. I wish everyone the best! Here's to another great week!
Love Sister Lewis




No comments:

Post a Comment