Called to Serve

Called to Serve
Cauayan, Philippines Mission

Thursday, August 20, 2015

A Mighty Change of Heart

Hello Friends and Family!
Not much happened this week. We had our new trainee's meeting last Wednesday and we got to see all the new trainers and trainees again.  There President and Sister Rahlf  spoke to us about the scripture Mosiah 3:19, about abandoning the "natural man" and turning unto Christ, so He can make us into a "spiritual man." It is so hard to go on a mission, and leave so much behind. It is difficult to try to subdue the Natural man. It is difficult to become a new person, but the Lord, in Ezekiel 36:26, gives us this promise:
 
"A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh."

Change is difficult but it is also rewarding. It is hard to abandon our selfish tenancies and learn to serve others. It was interesting to talk about our experiences as trainees and trainers. The trainees are just learning how hard the transition into missionary life can be, and the trainers have all been there before. It was really fun to offer our solutions to homesickness, dealing with the new schedule, learning the language, adapting to the culture, and everything else. This "change of heart" doesn't just happen in missionaries. It can happen in anyone. We have a change of heart every time we choose to turn to Christ and serve our fellow brothers and sisters. We can receive a new heart every day of our lives if we follow the council in Mosiah 3:19

"For the natural man is an enemy to God...and will be for ever...unless he yields to the enticings of the Holy Spirit, and putteth off the natural man and becometh a saint through the atonement of Christ the Lord, and becometh as a child, submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father."

 We also had splits with our STLs in Cauayan. My companion for the day was Sister Canlapan, which was a lot of fun because I have worked with her before when Sister Villanueva attended the career workshop before she went home. We had a lot of fun, and so did Sister Velasco (for her first splits ever). I love doing splits with our STLs because I always learn so much. 
Overall, it was a great week! The work continues!
Love,
Sister Lewis
 

No comments:

Post a Comment