Called to Serve

Called to Serve
Cauayan, Philippines Mission

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Choir

The first day we were here my companion and I looked at each other. She said, "do you sing?" I said, "no. do you?" She said no, and then we joined the choir. True story. It is way fun though, and we get early dinner. Last week we sang Praise to the man and it  was cool because our choir teacher gave us little known stories about Joseph Smith during our practice. Turns out he is a pretty cool guy! :)
The district that was older than us, in the pictures it is the three girls on the ground in the picture of the girls and most of the guys have left Thursday for the Philippines. Right now our district has been here the longest besides three elders who got here a week before us. We also have seven new sisters and ten new elders. they seem nice. I haven't really gotten to know them very well yet, but I did stop by their rooms to make sure that they are doing okay and aren't homesick. Other than that it has been mostly studying. The tagalog is coming and me and sister McBride have been teaching almost every day since we got here. it is very exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment